Looking for a quick, easy, vegetable-rich option for the week ahead? Me too. Meet my latest recipe for easy and healthy peanut sesame noodles.
Calling this a recipe may be generous. It’s really more of a guide. But what parent has time for fussy recipes anyways, AMIRIGHT?
Below you can check out a quick video on how I throw this together to see exactly what I mean by not fussy. Not enough sauce? Add a little more. Want to use chicken instead of tempeh? Easy peasy. Live in a peanut free house? Use a different nut butter (including sunflower) instead.
Peanut Sesame Noodles
- 1 package brown rice spaghetti
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 package tempeh or tofu, 1 lb chicken, or 1 lb shrimp
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- Hot sauce or sriracha (optional)
- If you'd like, feel free to cook up the following a couple days and store in fridge or immediately ahead of time: cook pasta according to package instructions; cut broccoli into florets and boil in water 4-5 minutes until bright green, then run under cool water; slice bell peppers; slice cabbage if needed.
- When you're ready to make the recipe:
- Cut protein option (tempeh, tofu, chicken, or shrimp) into bite sized pieces
- In a large saute pan, heat up oil. Once hot, add in the protein and brown on all sides.
- While protein is browning, mix together peanut butter, limes, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Taste for flavor. Adjust as needed, but note that it should be on the strong side.
- Once protein is browned, add in bell peppers, broccoli, and cabbage and stir. Cook 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add in cooked pasta and the sauce. Toss to coat and cook a couple minutes to warm through.
- Serve or store for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Gluten-free, vegan optional
This page contains external affiliate links that may result in us receiving a commission if you choose to purchase said product. The opinions on this page are our own. We do not receive payment for positive reviews.